Friday, December 22, 2006

Jack's Lullaby

He cries. But oh, how I adore it! For it is a song of ardent desperation.
Each lyric of want thunders within my chest to provide for him loving preservation.

He has thus only brought me the purest of joy, and no offense to speak of.
So how then can my soul not race to console him, my tiny newest Love?

Yet a father’s affection for his child, compared to the One’s above Dare not come close to tell. For He loved us even though we warred against Him, Condemning ourselves to hell.
‘Twas in the darkness there, another song was sung, though a different kind of desperation.
It was sung by a royal voice, Whose melody hath brought forth creation.
Each refrain spoke of the redemption story
while the chorus echoed, “’Tis only for the Father’s glory”.

So cry, my baby, cry tonight. I shall delight in your song. Know this: my deepest longing is to one day sing with you aside the heavenly throng. And this music has no end.

written with the help of Jenni

1 comment:

A.W. Thomas said...

Very Nice!!! So do you sing this?